Is there any downtime when switching my website to your server?
It depends on how you initiate the transfer. However if you follow the steps below, we can guarantee, there will be no downtime at all when switching hosting provider
- Signup with our hosting package at http://www.webhostforasp.net
- Upload all your data into our server and test your site using the temporary URL.
- Once you are happy with your website in our server, do a DNS transfer for your domain. Change the primary name server to ns1.webhostforasp.net and secondary nameserver to ns2.webhostforasp.net
- Do not cancel your current account with your old hosting provider first, please allow up to 24-48 hours for the DNS changes.
- To test whether your domain has been transferred to our server, you can do a ping to your domain name and the IP Address should match your IP address.
- If everything is OK, then just initiate the cancellation from your old hosting provider.
Was this answer helpful?
Because of the sensitive nature of domain ownership, we do not have the authority...
You need to purchase a new domain name. Domain name is your identity on the web. Start...
When you login to your FTP Site, normally you see the directory structure like below....
New Domain RegistrationFor new domain registration, please go to...
Yes, you can access your site using both www.domain.com, and domain.com.