How to FTP with Internet Explorer
This document details the step-by-step on how to configure FTP with Internet Explorer to access your WebHostForASP.NET web site account.
Different browser versions and different Users will have different instructions.
Internet Explorer 5.x or 6
- For main account user:
- Log on using:
- In the User Name box, enter your main account username
- In the password box, enter your account password
How to Dowload a File or Folder
To download a file or folder, right-click on the file or folder, and then click Copy to Folder
How to Upload a File or Folder
To upload a file or folder, drag and drop the file / folder from File Explorer
How to Log On as a different User
To log on to the FTP site as a different user, click Login As in the File menu
How to Rename, Delete, or Upload files
To rename or delete files in an FTP folder, or to upload items to an FTP site, right-click the file, and then click Rename, Copy, or Paste similar to when you use either Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- If you encounter the error message, "The page cannot be displayed," or "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage," when attempting to establish an FTP connection in Internet Explorer:
Go to Tools > Internet Options and click the Advanced tab.
Locate the "Enable folder view for FTP sites" setting and click to add a check to the checkbox.
- You cannot move files from one FTP site to another. You can move files from an FTP site to a temporary location on your computer or on a network drive, and then upload them to another FTP site or to a different folder on the same site.
- You may be able to open or save files from an FTP server, if you type an FTP address in the File Open or File Save dialogue box when you use a program that supports this feature.
Was this answer helpful?
FrontPage Save Result Bot has multiple functions: Save Form result to a file Send Form...
The information in this article applies to: WS_FTP Pro FTP Details This document is...
In order for your database application to function properly when you have FrontPage enabled, you...
Enable FrontPage Extensions on your account using the FrontPage tool in the Control...
Enable FrontPage Extensions on your account using the FrontPage tool in the Control Panel IIS...