Follow the steps below to configure Thunderbird to use SMTP Authentication.
- From the top menu, click on "Tools," select "Account Settings," this will bring up the "Account Settings" Dialogue box
- Select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)"
- Click "Advanced," this will bring up the "Advanced Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings" Dialogue box
- Select the SMTP server you want to configure, click "Edit," this will bring up the "SMTP Server" Dialogue box
- Check "Use name and password"
- Enter your full email address in the "User name" field
- Click "OK" and close all Dialogue boxes
The first time you retrieve email, you will be prompted for the password. You can choose to let Thunderbird remember your password.