Follow the steps below to set up Thunderbird to retrieve email from our mail server.
- From the top menu, click on "Tools," select "Account Settings," this will bring up the "Account Settings" Dialogue box
- Click "Add Account," this will bring up the "New Account Setup" wizard
- Select "Email Account," click "Next," this will bring up the "Identity" Dialogue box
- Enter the name you want to appear in outgoing emails in the "Your Name:" field
- Enter the email address (e.g., you@YourHostedDomainName.com) you want to appear in outgoing emails in the "Email Address" field
- Click "Next," this will bring up the "Server Information" Dialogue box
- Select "POP" as the type of incoming server
- Enter pop3.YourHostedDomainName.com in the "Incoming Server" field
- Enter smtp.YourHostedDomainName.com in the "Outgoing Server" field, if you have previously set up an account, the existing SMTP server will be used
- Click "Next," this will bring up the "User Names" Dialogue box
- Enter the full email address
- Enter your full email address in the "Incoming User Name" field (e.g., you@YourHostedDomainName.com)
- Enter your full email address in the "Outgoing User Name" field (e.g., you@YourHostedDomainName.com)
- Click "Next"
- Enter the Account Name you wish to designate this account as, click "Next"
- Click "Finish"
- Select the Server Settings for the newly created account, check "Automatically download new messages"
The first time you retrieve email, you will be prompted for the password. You can choose to let Thunderbird remember your password.