It depends on how you initiate the transfer. However if you follow the steps below, we can guarantee, there will be no downtime at all when switching hosting provider
- Signup with our hosting package at http://www.webhostforasp.net
- Upload all your data into our server and test your site using the temporary URL.
- Once you are happy with your website in our server, do a DNS transfer for your domain. Change the primary name server to ns1.webhostforasp.net and secondary nameserver to ns2.webhostforasp.net
- Do not cancel your current account with your old hosting provider first, please allow up to 24-48 hours for the DNS changes.
- To test whether your domain has been transferred to our server, you can do a ping to your domain name and the IP Address should match your IP address.
- If everything is OK, then just initiate the cancellation from your old hosting provider.